Friday, September 13, 2013

Waiting and Anticipating......

So I was just bopping around on Goodreads today and I find out that John Flanagan is gifting us with one last trip with Will Treaty!!

I am in hog heaven over this. The Ranger's Apprentice is one of my favorite book series. I am so love with all the characters even if I started out hating Horace.

I think the first time I stumbled across this book I was in Barnes and Noble looking for a hardback copy of The Sorcerers Stone. The jacket of The Ruins of Gorlan caught my attention. I bought the book and the next day I was back for the second one, then the third, and well you get the picture. I have since turned two cousins and a nephew onto this series.

I clapped like a five year old at a Beiber concert when Flanagan wrote the Brotherband Chronicles. I'm hoping he keeps expanding the Rangerverse and keeping giving us tales from the other kingdoms and other characters. In 11 books his characters kept growing and improving and the story line never lost steam. Charlaine Harris, Laurel Hamilton, PC Cast, and other urban fantasy writers could take some lessons from him.

The Synopsis: John Flanagan stated in an interview that the final book of the series will tell the story of Will's first apprentice being the first female ranger. And it will take place 16 years after Will and Alyss's wedding in The Lost Stories

My Thoughts: From the little teaser chapter that has been released I am dredging reading what I fear is going to be the death of one of the main characters. Not because I particularly care about this character, but because of what that death is going to do to the character I do care about. I am a little miffed that we won't get the book till Nov. 5 and the UK and Australia get it Oct. 1. Might have to bribe one of my Manchester friends into getting it for me and shipping it. Sometimes the Uk book jackets look better than the American ones...just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment