Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fiction Idea #2

Title: Unknown right now

Genre: fantasy

Protagonist: Nolan Grey is the Chief of Staff for Senator Brooks from North Carolina.

Other Main Characters: Rice Vega. Luca Grimm is the Director of D.E.A

Antagonists: Jack the Giant Slater and various giants. 

Setting: It's going to start off in North Carolina and then move around the world. Its easier to base things in North Carolina since I live here and its less research I have to do. Plus it will do the fantasy world some good to have stories located places other than New York or Los Angeles.

Plot: The Department of Ever Afters collect, monitor and protect fairy tale creatures and objects. They are an off shoot of Homeland Security. The Brothers Grimm were the first protectors of the Ever Afters( fairy tale characters).

Jack the Giant Slayer has popped up on the scene. It seems Jack is trying to regain some of his former glory by slaying giants. Too bad the rest of humanity is paying the price. Its up to Agent Grey and Agent Vega to stop him and bring him back to the reservation. Dead or alive...

Point of View: I am thinking of making this first person from Nolan's point of view. Not sure why. For some reason I am digging the third person point of view. It gives me a chance to tell the book from multiply points of view. A story just doesn't belong to one character. It belongs to them all and I like reading books that explore everyone's story.

Story Notes: I will freely admit that Warehouse 13 inspired this story for me. Well that and The Grimm Legacy. Though the Grimm Legacy was a bit of a letdown for me. It was still great inspiration for me. This plot is extremely rough and it may and most likely change. I had to get it down before I forgot something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment